Snowy Range Pass

Snowy Range Pass

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Down on the farm


















The next stop on our journey south was southern Indiana to visit Helen and Jim, who we met on the Winnebago rally to Springfield and Chicago back in June. They live on a farm and have lots of room. So for the first time in our RVing adventure, we are camping in someone’s driveway. We did this because we know that these fellow Winnebago owners know exactly what is required to fit the motorhome into any given space. In this case, it was a nice camping location.

We had a great time visiting with them and learning more about each other. Since I was raised in my early years on a farm, it was also a bit of a flash back to my youth. It was very interesting to discuss farm issues with Jim and I learned a lot about the crop business in Indiana.

This was a real adventure for the wonder dog-Halley. She has never been in a position to wander anywhere she wanted without being on a leash. With some trepidation, we let Halley wander around. She was clearly having a great time. She was tentative at first, but soon obviously enjoyed the freedom.

We also got to sight-see in the area and that will be a topic for the next entry. The pictures, I hope, reflect the tranquility of the setting. I think we could get used to this kind of living.

6 comments:

Sue and Doug said...

looks like a great campsite..down on the farm!!..enjoy!

Rick said...

Love those farm pictures! Great stuff!

Al Bossence said...

It's looking a bit frosty down on the farm in the early morning sun.

Travels with Emma said...

Your header pic is my favorite! I bet it gets pretty hectic down on the farm come spring planting time, though. :)

Gypsy said...

I have only fond memories of spending time at my grandparents' farm. Beautiful header picture.

Diana said...

What a neat place! Aren't RV friends the greatest?