Snowy Range Pass

Snowy Range Pass

Saturday, March 17, 2018

WWII Museum


3 Feb 2018

The World War II museum located in downtown New Orleans is a must see.  The museum is in five buildings and is truly an amazing place to spend at least a day.  It is hard to capture the essence of this place with pictures. It uses all the modern technologies to let you see and feel the war from many different perspectives.  The multimedia displays and film clips from the era put you on location.

We spent a full day there and if we had the time could have gone back for another day. It is a must-see museum.



















































We recently ordered a museum courtyard brick for my father, who served in the European theater.  His signal company ended up caught in the Battle of the Bulge, where they took significant losses. His company’s last duty was communications and guard duty at the Nuremburg trials.

6 comments:

Jim and Sandie said...

Wow, that is an impressive museum. Thanks for the pictures.

Happytrails said...

What an incredible museum!!! We will be visiting New Orleans and we will put this on our list!! Our son (who is moving to Baton Rouge) would love this museum for all its history!! Thanks for sharing!!

Paul and Marsha Weaver OCT. 17, 2009 said...

We have been to NO several times, and I never took the time to visit the Museum. I would love this one. Thanks for all the photos. I love the one where you look up at the ceiling and see the planes flying by.
Oh my gosh. I bet your father had many interesting stories to pass on. I can't image being in the battle. How scary. And then to be at the trails. He was a part of some historical events.

Sherry said...

This looks like a wonderful museum. I can see it would take many days to really do it justice. I consider WWII to be the only war other than the Revolutionary that was actually necessary to defend our freedom. Thanks for the look. My father is 97 and fought in the war in the Pacific and has never been willing to talk about it. He brushes you off any time you ask.

Paul and Marti Dahl said...

Looks like they've added a lot more to the museum than when we visited about five years ago. No brainer for a repeat visit one of these days.

Gypsy said...

It looks like a place you could spend days exploring. I still refer to WW-II and "The war". I had just turned one year old about 3 wks before Pearl Harbor, but don't remember a thing about the entire war first hand. My parents did a superb job of keeping it from me.