Snowy Range Pass

Snowy Range Pass

Sunday, June 05, 2016

Home alone

I spent a good part of May alone, if you do not count Halley.  Anneke traveled to The Netherlands to visit with family and friends and visit places from her past.

I kept myself busy with the usual chores and spending time with the grandkids.  There were several  outings at the school.  A art event with dads for Victoria and a water break for Nico.







I  walked our town pier on a particularly active day and found lots of folks on the recently repaired beach.  There were turtles active beneath the pier and as I approached the end of the pier, someone hooked a small shark and it took quite some time to haul it on to the pier.  I could not help but think what the beach bathers would think if they knew a shark was caught less than a 1000 feet from where they were swimming.









Hopefully June will be more interesting!


10 comments:

Unknown said...

A shark seems pretty exciting!! Do you know what kind it was?

Gypsy said...

I love spending time with my grandkids. I'm glad I don't swim anywhere, especially on a beach, when I see that shark!

Laura said...

sorry things have been quiet for you.

If I were a swimmer I would be out of the water like a jet if I knew there were sharks, even if they were small ones.

Sherry said...

Glad Anneke could go for a visit. She must have had a wonderful time. You seem to have done well by yourself. Great pictures of the kids. Do people eat sharks? Or did he toss it back?

Chuck and Anneke's RV travels said...

Shark is sold here, but this one was just too short and was released; )

Nickie and Jim said...

I bet it's pretty hot and humid there already. Enjoy June!

Erin said...

Sounds like you had no trouble keeping busy in Anneke's absence.

Paul and Marsha Weaver OCT. 17, 2009 said...

I am not sure where you are right now, but it sure looks gorgeous. What fun to spend time with the grandkids.

Bob and Jo said...

Grand kids and sharks, looks like you kept busy.

Wanderin' said...

Alone time can be good for short periods. It makes us appreciate each other. Enjoy the kids and have fun. They grow up so fast. I know that to be true !!