Snowy Range Pass

Snowy Range Pass

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Best laid plans





Our last day in Kerrville was planned to be a quiet day with a last pleasant dinner at Dan’s sister’s home. Alas, the best laid plans do not always work out as envisioned. First thing in the morning I prepared to check my e-mail only to discover a sickening note on the otherwise blank screen of the computer. It said windows config.sys file was corrupted and the Bill gates special was refusing to load. To make a day long story short, I managed to reload the operating system, but with the loss of all add on software and most of my data files. Luckily, having endured Bill’s fickle systems before, I had backed up almost all of the files and carried most of the software disks with me. A good number of hours and frayed nerves later, I was back in the digital world.

The good news was that the dinner plans did work out and we enjoyed a great country style dinner and good company for our last evening in the area. In the morning, we said goodbye to our friends Dan and Corrie, and of course Gumbo, their faithful companion.

Next stop the gulf coast, just north of Corpus Christi!

No comments: