Snowy Range Pass

Snowy Range Pass

Monday, March 12, 2007

Aransas National Wildlife Refuge-animal pictures











Here are some of the animals that we had the chance to observe while at the Refuge.

Perhaps now is also a good time to cover a few other items. First, the answer to the quiz on the food equipment in Gammon's Gultch are: one is a back woods moonshine Still used to make home made booze and the second, and much more interesting, is the washing machine looking thing that is actually an early 1900's honey extractor. The hives are placed in the rectangular fittings and then spun to force the honey out thru centrifugal force.

I should also note that despite my best efforts to come up with a time machine to travel back in time, I have been forced to accept that I have turned 60! If you look at life as a tape measure, measure out the expected life expectancy and then see where 60 is on the tape, it gives you a whole new perspective. So, if my writings seem to, at times , make less sense than they should, please take into account the new decade I have joined.

No comments: