Snowy Range Pass

Snowy Range Pass

Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Colorado Springs
















We arrived in Colorado Springs last Wednesday for a visit with our daughter-Katie. We wanted to see her before she is deployed to the Middle East. Unfortunately, Anneke has been a bit under the weather since we arrived, which has limited some of our usual activities.

We still have managed to spend time with Katie both at her home and here at Air Force Academy, where we are camped and where Katie is assigned as an instructor. The academy grounds have some of the best countryside in Colorado Springs with fantastic views.

We will be here another week, so hopefully, we will get out and about to enjoy our visit and see some more sights.

4 comments:

Travels with Emma said...

Tell your daughter thanks from me for serving. I wish her well as she goes overseas. :)

Happytrails said...

I didn't realize I hadn't joined your followers. I'm so sorry! An oversight on my part.

I agree with Judy...please tell your daughter thank you from Mike and I as well. We wish her well as she travels overseas.
We visited Colorado Springs/Air Force Academy several years ago with Mike's parents. It is a beautiful area. I know you all will enjoy being there.

Mike & Gerri (happytrails)

Margie M. said...

Ditto on Judy and Gerri's comment about your daughter's military service for our country and all of us. We appreciate her very much.
Sorry Anneke isn't feeling well right now. Feel better soon!

George Chesney said...

Cool effect on the picture with the picnic table. Optically looks like the tree is growing out of the table!

Wishing Katie smooth service and a very safe return.

George