We moved on east into North Dakota with the goal of visiting the T. Roosevelt NP. This is the morning of the third day of a planned two day stop over and we have not yet been into the park with is just across the street.
We awoke yesterday to heavy rain that, contrary to the forecast, turned into snow by mid afternoon. It continued the rest of the day. Just before dark, the campground owner stopped by to advise that the last time this happened while there were still leaves on the tress, many of the branches collapsed. He said we should feel free to move out from under the biggest tree in the park if we wanted to and take any clear site.
Thinking this was a not so subtle warning; we quickly got under way and moved out into the open. I noted this AM that no branches fell in our old spot, but I still slept better not having to wait for the groaning and crash of branches.
We are going to stick it out today and try to get into the park and then tomorrow we are going to head east and south forgetting a few of our intended stops along the way.
We just failed in one of our objectives of not having snow cover the motorhome.