I have been contemplating a few RV related subjects for a blog, but events have overtaken my concentration. We have abandoned planning the next trip, dealing with furniture quality issues, and the many other things we considered important.
Now we are mostly focused on Isaac. While we are no strangers to bad weather, including hurricanes, we were just not prepared to deal with Isaac just a few months after moving in the new house. In our former life of just a few months ago, we simply would have gotten out of town by heading for better weather. Now we are waiting to see if Isaac will likely be a category 1 hurricane, as currently predicted or strengthen or maybe fade away. The latter is definitely wishful thinking.
Our first reaction was still to bring over the motorhome and load it up and head out. But with a minimum level hurricane, we are rethinking that choice. Our house is built to the latest hurricane standards and should handle a category one storm without any problems. Then there is our daughter’s family to consider. So for now we wait and see what develops. It is Anneke’s and Victoria’s first hurricane and grandma prefers to stay close to Victoria.
It is good to have that motorhome standing by in case we all have to get out of Dodge!