Snowy Range Pass

Snowy Range Pass

Friday, July 10, 2009

Moving in













We returned to Colorado Springs for four days to help Katie as she closed on her house and received her household goods. The trip back from Gunnison was uneventful, except for the fact that our temporary guest-Cosmo-Katie’s cat really flipped out. The way up was not bad, but this time she really lost it. We enjoyed some of her antics, but had to watch her all the time. One of her more interesting quirks was that anytime you left a cabinet door open, she would jump in. If she turned up missing, every door had to be opened to see if she was trapped in that space.

After a prolonged closing, we rushed to the house to await the movers. I had really thought that after many moves, I was finished with government movers, but here I was again. They arrived with two trucks and five guys. I found myself again with a clipboard checking off boxes and other stuff as it came out of the trucks while the ladies gave them directions on which room each item went too.

It went quickly with no big problems and then the real fun began- Unpacking boxes and putting stuff together. I am definitely feeling my advancing years as I spent hours on my hands and knees with hand tools.

The two dogs and the cat were reunited, but with no apparent joy. The dogs enjoyed the new yard, but did manage to get under foot and almost became part of the moving experience.

After three days, things came together pretty well and we were ready to hit the road again. This time we head to Cheyenne, WY.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tell Katie Congrats!!!
- Heather