Snowy Range Pass

Snowy Range Pass

Friday, November 23, 2007

Houses of Worship














Before we move on to the next destination, we would be amiss not to mention the many houses of worship in the historic district of Savannah. They are perhaps the oldest structures remaining in the city. A number of them date to before the revolutionary war. The mother church of Georgia is Christ Church established in 1733. We attended service there last Sunday and found that it has retained much of the stern approach that must have existed at its founding.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found your blog through one of the blog searches I use. Thought I'd say hello and that I enjoy your writing. This one in particular is fun for me because of the historical markers. :: smile :: I love to find them.

Anyway, I'll be adding your blog to my feed reader. I live in an RV but we're not travelling much just yet--we aim to go full-time on the road sometime next Fall.

Linda
http://www.markeroni.com
http://www.ravensrv.com