Snowy Range Pass

Snowy Range Pass

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Orion's Nebula



We are getting ready for our next trip in the RV.  In the meantime, I thought I would share a couple of pictures our daughter, Katie, took with her telescope from her back yard.

These are of Orion's Nebula.  In the case of Orion's Nebula, it is a gas and dust cloud illuminated  by lots of stars that are young.  It is like a star nursery, so the gas and dust and other processes are leading to the birth of a new star.  Other Nebula are formed when a star dies and ejects its outer layer of gas.  



It is an amazing part of our existence most of us barely understand!

And now down to earth, we went to Pensacola and finally got a good picture of my pelican!

SEMPER PARATUS!


11 comments:

Wanderin' said...

Love the photos ... all of them.

Gypsy said...

I wish I lived where I had a great view of the night skies. The photos are great

Paul and Marsha Weaver OCT. 17, 2009 said...

Katie's telescope must be so powerful. Awesome photos.
The pelican is a hoot!

Al Bossence said...

Like those Orion Nebula photos:))

Paul and Marti Dahl said...

Your favorite pelican? It's MY favorite pelican!!! :cP

Sherry said...

Katie's photographs are wonderful. She must not only live in a dark place but have a great camera telescope set up. I would love that.

Laura said...

Very good photos of the nebula - you must watch Cosmos and some of the other space programs - they are fantastic. We are made of star stuff!

Gail Houle said...

Love the pelican!!

Linda said...

I love this series of photos!!! :)

Unknown said...

How beautiful! I’m sure you saw a lot of incredible night skies during one of your RV travels. This is what makes RV travels and camping special – you get to see travel at your own pace and be appreciate the nature up close without worrying about a place to stay in and flights to catch. Good luck with your future road adventures!

Liza Pilon @ Prairie City RV Center

Sweet Meanderings said...

Beautiful photos! I really loved all the pics of the sand and surf in your previous posts. They made me feel a little bit warmer. Looking forward to your next adventures!
Candy