Snowy Range Pass

Snowy Range Pass

Friday, February 01, 2013

Got WINE!



The last few weeks we have been keeping busy with lots of activities around the house.  We have been fortunate to have three couples visit during this time and we really enjoyed each of their visits.  We were having so much fun, we failed to get any pictures but hopefully they will come back for a repeat visit and I will have the camera at the ready.

I have been keeping myself busy working on a new project of scanning all of my slides and old picture negatives, with the goal of having a completely digital photographic library.  This has been a lot of fun and a bit frustrating.  The fun part has been remembering times that go back as far as my early childhood up thru the time we started taking exclusively digital photos.   The frustrating part has been dealing with non standard slide preparations and trying to correct the ravages of time on the originals. I had done many conversions a few years ago, but the new technology has improved the quality and speed at which it can be done.  For this project, I ordered a  ION film and slide scanner which makes the process very simple and reasonably fast.  Soon I plan on being slide and negative free.






I have also spent some time practicing with one of my Christmas presents.  I am finally getting the hang of it and enjoy watching Halley bark and growl at the flying object moving around the house.  I find it more difficult than flying the real thing.





Victoria's second birthday is coming up soon, so we bought her a cute doll house.  I thought that my days of actually putting these kinds of  things together might be over. However, her mother was worried that she would see it in her house, so the box arrived here for me to assembly.  I had some concerns, since I put a doll house together well over thirty years ago that literally had to be built just like a full size house and it took nearly as long as a real one to build.  I lucked out and this one took just a couple of hours and no glue.




We finished up the last few days , visiting the beach to enjoy the heavy surf which arrived with the latest big front.  Our SIL Ryan convinced us we should join a wine club that selects wines from small vineyards that rarely appear in big box wine outlets.  After getting two of the standard packages, we felt that they were offering a quality service and we went ahead and ordered some of the special end of year deals.  So today we received 27 bottles of wine delivered to our door step!  We now can actually say that we have a wine cellar.  We are hoping for some more wine loving guests to join us to enjoy the sampling.




14 comments:

Phyllis said...

WOW! 27 bottles of wine at one time! I'd be confused on which to try first.

Jim and Sandie said...

Doll houses have really changed since I was a girl. We had a son so a dollar house wasn't anything we had to assemble. Now race tracks and train set ups - that we had to do. Our girls would go nuts chasing it around the house.

Paul and Marsha Weaver OCT. 17, 2009 said...

I did a similar project with putting all our V8 movies on CDs. I spent so much time watching the movies over and over that it took me weeks to do the job. As you say, it was so much fun reliving the good times.

Can we bring the cheese for the wine party? Please?

Sherry said...

Thanks for the tip on the ION. Sadly I have not yet had the patience to tackle slides, old photos in dozens of albums and 8mm movies. They are all sitting stored away waiting for me to...........

Gypsy said...

I'd almost be afraid to have 27 bottles of wine in my possession! Two or three I can handle. Are the wines from a particular country or region, or from all over the world?

Gail Houle said...

Be careful what you wish for :) Showing 27 bottles of wine and wishing for wine loving friends to stop by may be a dangerous thing! BTW, what is your address?? :)

Karen and Al said...

I keep trying to get motivated to go through and scan all of our old photographs. It's a big job. Good for you for getting started!

Be careful what you put out on the blog...you just might be getting a lot of visitors to help you drink all that wine!

Travels with Emma said...

I remember building a doll house at night for my daughter. Seems like it took me forever!

Rick said...

Great post! You guys have been busy for sure.

27 bottles of wine? Looks like you're in for some fun times...actually, more fun times!

Paul and Marti Dahl said...

Cameras were invented back during your early childhood years? Bet not everybody has had their picture taken by Matthew Brady.

Glad to see you're still keeping your hand in flying, your helo even has the correct paint scheme on it. Bet you can show the young pilots of today a thing or two.

That's quite the dollhouse, she'll love it. Did you read the directions or just wing it?

Thankfully, you'll have enough wine to de-stress yourself from all your house building labors. :c)

Jeff said...

If you need any help emptying the wine bottles let us know! :-)

Let us know about the good wines.

Erin said...

I remember that lovely cabinet. Save some wine for us (well for Mui) ... we'll be back in the area in the spring ;-)

By the way, you're not alone in the scanning/digitizing department. I got through half of our old photos before we got on the road. I plan to pick up what we left in storage once we're a bit more settled on the road to finish the project so that I can reactivate my Blasts blog ... yup, yet another blog ;-)

Unknown said...

Your little dog Halley is so cute! I never had a doll house was too busy playing outside I guess.

Unknown said...

She will love love love that dollhouse!