Snowy Range Pass

Snowy Range Pass

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Coral Gables










I have fallen a bit behind on the blog due to a struggle with a cold that it looks like I am finally winning. Before moving on, I wanted to mention what a great time we had visiting with our friend George in Miami, which included a visit to where I worked for a year at Norwegian Cruise Lines. It was fun to be back, especially knowing that I would not have to report to work on Monday. After the first of the month I will be able to share why we made the trip to NCL offices, but I leave you with a cliff hanger, so to speak on that trip.

Even though we lived in Miami for a year and have visited George several times since, we have never walked thru the Biltmore Hotel. It has a rather interesting history. One of its claims to fame is that at one time, it had the largest swimming pool in the world.

http://www.biltmorehotel.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coral_Gables_Biltmore_Hotel

George arranged a dinner party and invited some of our local friends, Shannon, Pete, Diane and new friend Sue for a great evening of food, fun and laughs.

It was a great visit.

No comments: